Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blonde Brownies


I made these blonde brownies as an All Hallow's Eve surprise for a cutie out in cali, but the postal service failed me and lost my precious box of baked goods somewhere in between here and there. I do know that they turned out well as I sampled the snacks before sending them off. It makes me sad/angry to know that those adorable little pumpkin decorations will go unseen, but at least I have the internet through which to show them off.

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar (firmly packed)
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
2 teaspoons vanilla
6 ounces chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

In a saucepan, melt the butter and mix in the brown sugar. When well combined, pour into a large bowl and let cool. When cool, add the eggs and vanilla. Slowly add the dry ingredients. Combine everything well.

Spread batter into a greased 9x13 inch pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips generously over the top. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let blondies cool in the pan before cutting into squares.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, quite ironic but I like it... blonde brownies. :P hehe Thanks for sharing this, I personally love almonds so maybe I'm biased. But it doesn't matter, this goes to my recipe collection, :D Thanks, I wanna share this to my friends in Foodista as well. If you don't mind adding the foodista widget at the end of this post, that's gonna be super! This will let them find your blog especially when they're in search of brownie recipes.

    Thanks and keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete